Travel + Leisure Announces 2022 Best Awards in the World Revealing Top Cities, Islands, Hotels, Cruise Line, Airlines + More
- Oaxaca, Mexico Named Best City in the World and Ischia, Italy Won for Best Island Overall
- The Best Resort Hotel in the Continental US is the Pickering House Inn in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
- Charleston, South Carolina tops the Best Cities List in the US, with New Orleans Topping No. 2 Spot and Santa Fe enters No. 3
NEW YORK – Travel + Leisure announces top travel destinations and companies in the US and around the world, according to Best Awards in the World 2022 survey of readers. From cities, islands, national parks, and hotels to cruise lines, airlines, airports and more, the complete results of this 27th annual survey are now featured on TravelandLeisure.com/worlds-best and in the August issue of Travel + Leisure, on newsstands July 22.
The Best Hotel in the World is Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco in Montalcino, Italy. Grace Hotel, Auberge Resorts Collectionin Santorini, Greece, is ranked the second best hotel in the world, and Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is the third best in hotels in the world.
Pickering House Inn in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire is the Top Resort Hotel in the Continental US, followed by White Elephant Palm Beach in Florida and Under Canvas Mount Rushmore in Keystone, South Dakota, ranked No. 2 and No. 3, respectively. The Lowell in New York City is the Top City Hotel in the Continental US; the Top Island in the Continental US is Mackinac Island in Michigan; and the Top US National Park is Yellowstone.
“As the journey continues to progress and people are looking for new travel ideas and inspiration, I’m excited to share this incredible resource of our readers’ favorite places and companies,” he said. said Travel + Leisure Editor in Chief Jacqui Gifford. “You’ll find destinations that bring and offer a unique sense of place – whether your focus is on reconnecting with nature or immersing yourself in local cultures. Congratulations to this year’s honorees for their excellence at hospitality and for creating unique experiences that appeal to all types of travelers. “
TRAVEL + LEISURE TOP 10 BEST CITIES IN THE WORLD 2022
- San Miguel de AllendeMexico
- Mexico CityMexico
- Chiang MaiThailand
TRAVEL + LEISURE TOP 10 US CITIES 2022
- CharlestonSouth Carolina
- New OrleansLouisiana
- Santa FeNew Mexico
- New YorkNew York
- San AntonioTexas
The Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards are a leading barometer of places and companies that attract some of the most enthusiastic and smart travelers there. In the 27 years that the World’s Best Awards reader survey has been published, Singapore Airlines is the only honored named No. 1 winner in its category – Best International Airline in the World – per year. For the first time, Hawaiian Airlines won for Best Domestic Airline, along with newcomer Breeze Airways enter No. 2 at JetBlue Airways third is the ranking.
Results in 2022 – featuring over 100 listings including Top 100 Hotels, Best Domestic Airlines, Best Islands in the World, Best Resort Hotels in Hawaii, Top Caribbean Resort Hotels, Best Hotels in Paris, Best US National Parks, Best Domestic Airports, Best Mega-Ship Cruise Lines, and Best Safari Outfitters, among many others-are now posted at www.TravelandLeisure.com/worlds-best. There are also several new hotel listings in the region this year, such as Top Hotels in cities including Boston, Austin, Copenhagen, and Madrid, among others, as well as Top Resort Hotels in Montana and beyond. pa.
TRAVEL + LEISURE WORLD’S BEST AWARDS 2022 OVERALL WINNER
- BEST CITY IN THE WORLD: OaxacaMexico
- BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD: Rosewood Castiglion del BoscoMontalcino, Italy
- WORLD’S BEST HOTEL BRAND: Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
- WORLD’S BEST ISLAND: IschiaItaly
- WORLD’S BEST MEGA-SHIP OCEAN CRUISE LINE: Celebrity Cruises
- WORLD’S BEST LARGE-SHIP OCEAN CRUISE LINE: Disney Cruise Line
- WORLD’S BEST MIDSIZE-SHIP OCEAN CRUISE LINE: Viking Cruises
- BEST SMALL SHIP OF THE OCEAN CRUISE LINE: Paul Gauguin Cruises
- WORLD’S BEST INTIMATE-SHIP OCEAN CRUISE LINE: Quasar Expeditions
- WORLD’S BEST RIVER CRUISE LINE: Viking Cruises
- WORLD’S BEST INTERNATIONAL AIRLINE: Singapore Airlines
- WORLD’S BEST DOMESTIC AIRLINE: Hawaiian Airlines
- BEST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD: Singapore Changi Airport
- WORLD’S BEST DOMESTIC AIRPORT: Savannah/Hilton Head International AirportGeorgia
- WORLD’S BEST SAFARI OUTFITTER: Travel Beyond
- WORLD’S BEST TOUR OPERATOR: DuVine Cycling & Adventure Co.
- BEST CAR RENTAL COMPANY IN THE WORLD: National Car Rental
- WORLD’S BEST INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION SPA: Rancho La PuertaTecate, Mexico
- WORLD’S BEST DOMESTIC DESTINATION SPA: The Ranch MalibuCalifornia
- BEST NATIONAL PARK IN THE WORLD: Yellowstone
Jacqui Gifford will host Toast & Post, a virtual celebration that starts tomorrow at 3 pm ET on Instagram Live @TravelandLeisure to honor the winners of the World’s Best Awards 2022. Toast with this year’s honorees and post photo using the hashtags #TLWorldsBest and #TLToast, and tag @TravelandLeisure tomorrow and in the coming weeks.
For more content about Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2022, visit @TravelandLeisure on Instagram and @TravelandLeisureMag on TikTok.
For the complete World’s Best Awards 2022 survey procedure, visit travelandleisure.com.
ABOUT TRAVEL + LEISURE
Travel + Leisure is the primary voice for the sophisticated traveler, delivering expert intelligence and the most immersive travel lifestyle content anywhere. Travel + Leisure captures the joy of discovering the cultural pleasures the world has to offer — from art and design to shopping and style to food and drink — and provides compelling reasons to get up and leave. Reaching an audience of over 30 million, the Travel + Leisure media portfolio includes US flagship magazines, travelandleisure.comnewsletters, the Let’s go together podcast, the Best Award in the World franchise, a wide social media presence, and international editions in China, India, Mexico, and Southeast Asia. Launched in 1971, Travel + Leisure is part of the Dotdash Meredith publishing family and owned by Travel + Leisure Co. (NYSE: TNL).