DAVAO CITY: The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said that there is a strong case of murder against the suspect in the Davao bar shooting incident that killed a 19-year-old student early this month.
In a press conference on Friday, July 8, at the NBI 11 regional office, investigative agent Juhary Guro said that considering the evidence they have gathered and the testimonies of the witnesses, the suspect, Dr. Marvin Rey Andrew Pepino, 31, who worked as non-uniformed personnel of the Police Regional Office-Davao Region, is liable for the killing of 19-year-old Amierkhan Mangacop on July 2 that occurred at the Lugar Café and Bar in Davao City.
Mangacop was shot seven times by the suspect following a commotion at Lugar Café and Bar at Corner V. Mapa and J. Camus Extension Streets.
San Pedro Police Station on Monday, July 4, filed a murder case against Pepino. The suspect, however, requested a preliminary investigation.
The Mangacop family through their legal counsel on Tuesday, July 5, had requested for the transfer of the case investigation to the NBI as they claim “the local police could not come out with a fair and objective investigation following the ‘statements’ made by the police officers,” who according to the victim’s family, has favored the suspect.
On Wednesday, July 6, the City Prosecutor’s Office ordered all parties including all investigating units to submit additional evidence related to the case.
NBI 11 spokesman and investigative agent Ely Leaño said that their team has already started its parallel investigation aimed to come up with a thorough and full evaluation of the case.
“Our findings of this case will also be submitted within the period in which the counter affidavit is submitted. We have 10 days to submit our findings and conclusion,” Leaño said.
Leaño emphasized that the NBI is mandated to conduct an investigation of all forms of cases on its own initiative or when public interest requires it.
“No less than the family of the victim, through their lawyers, had requested this office to intervene. Of course, we will conduct a parallel investigation with our counterpart from the Philippine National Police (PNP),” he said.
Leaño assures both camps that they will get the two sides of the story.
“We will dig deeper in such a manner that we will arrive or come up with a well-supported and well-founded conclusion,” he said.
NBI 11 had already requested their technical team from Metro Manila in addition to their team here to help them in their ongoing investigation.
The bureau is also planning to conduct a reenactment of the incident based on the testimonies of the witnesses.
“The PNP has their own findings, we also conducted a separate investigation. At the end of the day all our works, the PNP, NBI, and others will be subjected to a close evaluation of the office of the City Prosecutor,” Leaño said.
All persons who were present in the incident are subjected to their investigation, he said.
The NBI is now appealing and requesting all those persons in the area to volunteer and cooperate with them, including those uploaders of the video clips on social media to submit the video they have taken during the incident.
The NBI is also asking the owners of the Lugar Bar and Resto where the incident took place to cooperate or face another charge for obstruction of justice.
Apart from the murder case, the bureau is also looking into the filing of illegal possession of firearms against Pepino.
“If the evidence would warrant that the carrying of the firearms by the subject is unauthorized, then he will be facing another case for violation of Republic Act 10591 for illegal possession of firearms,” Leaño said.
OTHER TOPIC IN THIS BLOGS :
Business insurance, Professional liability insurance, Workers compensation insurance, Renters insurance, Homeowners insurance, s maison conrad manila, Accor hotels manila, Ascott bonifacio global city manila, Fairmont and raffles makati,Mount Bromo Ijen Tour Package.