14 essentials for getting back to travel basics
Jetting off for a few days of the day? If I’ve learned anything about packing, getting rid of it all doesn’t mean you take it all with you.
That’s right. If it doesn’t fit, it won’t fly.
The key to a memorable holiday starts and ends with packing lightly.
Need help? Finish off excess luggage with 14 essential summer suitcases.
1. M&S Collection linen-rich high neck maxi tiered dress, € 54; multicolour straw mini tote, € 27, M&S
2. Dune London gold 55cm cabin suitcase, Next, € 159
3. Large linen-blend shirt, H&M, € 27.99
4. Fluid cupro shorts, Arket, € 59
5. ‘Moki’ babouche shoes – Cabrera, Calla, € 170
6. Co-ord shirred cami, € 9 and skirt, € 16, Penneys
7. Trendyol swimsuit, Zalando, € 44.99
8. Prada sunglasses, Zalando, € 259
9. ‘Serena’ poplin Bardot dress, Whistles, € 199
10. ‘Geometry’ kimono, Rianna + Nina, € 1,680
11. ‘Aria’ abstract print crop top, Whistles, € 129
12. Multicolored sarong, Penneys, € 5
13. Bamboo handle bag, M&S, € 42
14. M&S Collection color block maxi beach dress, M&S, € 47.50
- MULTI TASKERS: Increase your wear time (and reduce excess baggage) with baggage heroes who handle multiple roles. A sarong segues into a skirt; the beach shirt ties many ways to the shorts; Seamless co-ords divide and succeed in almost everything.
- MIX AND MATCH: Stress-free dressing for the holiday progresses to a unified color scheme. Simplicity has its own reward.
- ONE AND DONE: Bright, breathable, and big holiday energy: this season’s tiered festive attire saves preparation time that could be better spent enjoying a glass of Prosecco on a terrace.
- THE LAST STRAW: Sun cream, beach towel, insect repellent, beach book, sunglasses: make life easier with this spacious straw tote. Plus, there’s always room for shopping.