An island province in the Philippines that is located at the geographical center of the country, Marinduque is considered as an accessible and affordable alternative to Boracay. The province was ranked number 1 as the most peaceful province of the country in 2013 because of the friendly and peace loving locals that live there. Marinduque lately became a popular tourist spot because of its beauty and very rich culture and history, tourist go to this province because of the very popular Moriones Festival that is celebrated every holy week. If you’re planning to visit this province in the near future, check out our list of Top Five Places to Visit in Marinduque.
1. Poctoy White Beach – Now this beach is why Marinduque is known as an alternative to Boracay, this place considered as one of the best beaches in the province. Poctoy beach offers beautiful white sands, clear waters and a lovely scenery that you can enjoy while hanging around the beach and there are a lot of activities one can do here like wind surfing, diving, and snorkeling. Combine Marinduque’s friendly locals, beautiful white sands and clears skies this place is quite perfect.
Photo Credits (Flickr CC): Marinduque by kailazarte
2. Bulusukan Falls – The Falls is one of the best spots in the province of Marinduque. The water flows from the remaining forests of brgy. Bagtingon in Buenavista and about 45 minutes trek from the brgy. The place is really popular among the locals because of its cool fresh water that comes from the mountain and the place looks and feel really peaceful, great place to be if you’re stressed out. The place also has a lot of different creautures living near there like butterflies, monkeys, wild cats, deer and boas.
3. Balanacan View Deck – Located at the northwestern portion of the province the place is a very beautiful body of land and sea. The place is a natural harbor that was used by the Spanish navy to build and repair and galleons during the 17th century. The place has a very beautiful view of the surrounding islands and sea.
4. Tres Reyes Islands – The Islands were named after Melchor, Gaspar & Baltazar also known as the “Three Kings”. The biggest island is Gaspar and there exist caves where various artifacts including pre-colonial gold ornaments have been found and the caves were also believed to have been used as burial sites of pre-colonial Filipinos. The island of Gaspar is also a marine reserve and marine archaeological excavations have also been conducted off the coast of the island.
5. Molbog Sulfur Spring – One of the very popular tourist spot in the province of Marinduque, the spring is visited by local and foreign tourists alike. The spring is located in Malbog, the place is a hot spring at the base of the inactive volcano Mt. Malindig, and the water of the spring has therapeutic and natural healing components. The spring is also known to heal some of the people’s skin diseases because of its water. The place is very beautiful with trees surrounding the spring you’ll feel relaxed once you take a dip in the hot waters of the spring. A very nice place to visit if you want to relax.
Five Places to Visit in Pandan, Antique
Pandan is a fourth class municipality that is located in Antique at the northwestern area of Panay Island, it is currently one of the 18 municipalities of the province and also a very popular tourist destination with its natural beauty, cold springs, white beaches and many more places to see and enjoy. The town of Pandan was established in the mid 17th century when Spain was colonizing the country, the town is also one of Antique’s industrialized towns so don’t worry there are still stores there and civilization.
Photo Credits (Flickr CC): Pandan by rdexter
1. Bugang River – This River was ranked in the region as first among the cleanest inland bodies of water for three years and has also won the as the cleanest river in the country, the river is also supported by several springs and one of which is the major source of Pandan’s water supply. Tourists and locals both flock to this place because of the cold soothing waters, very scenic atmosphere and really just the beauty of the place.
2. Duyong Golden Beach – The beach is a long and beautiful stretch of white sand beach and nice waters and from here you could see the Duyong Mountain Ranges on the east and not only that you could also see the spectacular view of Batbatan Island and the beautiful setting sun on the west. It’s a very nice place to go to if you want to enjoy some fun under the sun and just beat the summer heat of the Philippines.
3. Vera Mar Retreat House and Tourist Resort – The place is located at the dead-end of Mag-aba barangay road. It is a place where you can go adventuring down underneath the bowels of the earth and see some of the beautiful caves in Antique. The place also offers you to dive down the deep sea and enjoy the gorgeous underwater gardens inhabited by the different multi-colored fishes and coral formations.
4. Leocadio Alonsagay Dioso Memorial Public Library – Considered as one of the top libraries of its kind in the Philippines. The library was as an ongoing gift to the people and town of Pandan and was built by retired United Nations official Leo Dioso. The library is a nice place to see because off its regular storytelling, puppet shows, and read-aloud programs to promote reading among children, as well as free movie shows for the general public, the place kind of makes you feel like a kid again. The Library also has organizes other programs that promote education, arts, and culture and it is a very good place to visit if you want to learn more about the town and its culture and generally just learning more.
5. Malumpati Health Spring and Tourist Resort – The place is a natural haven for peace you can swim and relax and just enjoy the solitude of the place if city life is pissing you off. The resort is a great place to visit if you want to beat the summer heat and enjoy the rest of your vacation. The place is a natural swimming pool with crystal-clear water that is free flowing from upstream to the shallow end, going down the famous Bugang River.