Capiz is considered as a 1st class province of the Philippines and is also known as the seafood capital of the Philippines, The province of Capiz is located in the Western Visayas region part of the country and its capital is the city of Roxas and it is located at the northeastern part of Panay Island, bordering Aklan and Antique to the west, and Iloilo to the south. A lot of people travel to Capiz to enjoy some fresh seafood that you can get at Roxas City or just finding a nice beach to relax and take a breather. If you’re traveling soon to this place, check out our list of Top Five Places to visit in Capiz .
1. Santa Monica Parish Church – This beautiful and awe-inspiring church monument shows the Spanish grandeur and their influence in Pan-ay town, the church is also used as a small fortress that has 9 ft thick walls of coral blocks and it is 250 ft long and 80 ft wide. The inside of the church is really nice to look at and the floor is a colored marble which shine when you look at it. The central altar is the main thing to see here with its elaborated sculpture of silver and hardwood in Baroque style. A must see if you enjoy old Spanish architectures or just a devout believer.
Photo Credits (Wiki CC): Panay Church by Carloponcegarcia
2. Baybay Beach – The beach is located in the city of Roxas and it is 3 kilometers from the city proper. Baybay beach is a really nice and laid back kind of place with its clean beach and lots of activities to do like motorboats for boating and fishing and a really good place for water skiing and enjoying the nice scenery. The beach also has arrays of food stands that will offer you some of the freshest seafood and on the plus side the food is very affordable and is cooked while you wait.
3. Suhot Cave and Spring – The cave is only 300 meters away from the provincial road and is Situated in Dumalag, Capiz. The place is actually a series of interconnected caverns of different sizes. The cave’s arched entrance has a pool of clear and ice cold water that is fed by a rock spring from within the cave and if you go further on you can see a crack in the rocks where sulphurous water comes out. The cave of Suhot is believed to have a connecting tunnel to the Badiang Cave, Dumarao. Since both caves are found in the same mountain only 6 km apart from each other. A very nice place to go to if you want some adventuring in your spare time.
4. La Playa de Roxas People’s Park – The park and landmark is located at Brgy. Baybay, Roxas City and it faces the Sibuyan Sea and the scenic coastline of Northern Panay. There are a lot of things to enjoy here like the colorful dancing fountain, cheap street food and of you brought your kids along there is a nice children’s playground. The park also has a kapis shells-inspired Seafood court; marine products and other various sea foods are served at very reasonable prices.
5. Pangilatan Falls – The falls is situated in Brgy. Artuz, Tapaz, Capiz and it is composed of a main waterfall which drops off water from about 81 ft high and there are also countless mini falls. One of the really good places to see if you’re in the area, well who doesn’t enjoy some nice waterfalls?