Whenever people hear the word Bataan they automatically think of the horrors that happened here in the last World War including the infamous Bataan Death March and The Battle of Bataan is one of the last stands of American and Filipino soldiers before they were overpowered by the Japanese troops.
Take that aside and you have the wonderful city of Bataan that is a coastal and progressive place that has a lot to offer to its travelers and there are a lot of fun things to do and see in Bataan and we’ll list some of it here.
1. Bataan Technology Park – The Park is like a mini tour across mainland Southeast Asia because it was once the temporary home of refugees from Vietnam who fled their country. You can see here some Vietnamese Monument, Buddhist Temples and a whole lot more interesting things (and other recognizable landmarks from other countries in S.E.A,). A must see.
2. Westnuk Beach Resort – Getting to this place is much part of the adventure you’ll see some scenic views of mountains and seas along the way making it fun and a relaxing travel. Once you are there you’ll notice that the place isn’t that much crowded making the place more relaxing to have fun and don’t forget to take a dip in the crystal clear waters in Bataan before you leave.
3. Pawikan Conservation Center – The center was a joint project in 1999 by the government of Bataan, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and UNESCO. If you visit the place you can learn here more about these beautiful and mysterious sea turtles and may release baby sea turtles back into the sea.
4. Pasukan Falls – The falls is a natural work of nature and it is very beautiful, It’s covered with lush vegetations and there are lots of unexplored areas to check out. The Pasukan Falls is one of the highest waterfalls in Bataan and the water here is moderately deep making it a good place for a swim.
5. Mariveles Volcano – The Mountain is a volcano that is located in Bataan, A very beautiful sight to see if you ask me. The mountain and adjacent cones are in the opposite of the city of Manila.
Have you been to Bataan? Feel free to share some tips and recommendations.
Photo Credits (Wikimedia Commons): Mariveles by P199