The city is recognized as one of the richest cities in the Philippines and is also the largest one in Metro Manila. There are a lot of things to do and see in the city like historical places and landmarks, shopping malls, natural sheds and parks and also a wide variety of leisure spots. We will list here some of the places you might want to visit, so let’s get started then.
Here’s our list of Ten Places to Visit in Quezon City:
1. Quezon Memorial Circle – This is a very popular park among locals and at its center, you’ll see a mausoleum that has the remains of Manuel L. Quezon (past Philippine President). A good place to jog in the morning, or take a walk in the afternoon and enjoy the atmosphere.
2. Mabuhay Rotonda – This was once known as “Welcome Rotonda” before it was changed into “Mabuhay Rotonda” in 90s. It was built in 1948 when Quezon City was declared the capital of the Philippines on July 17, 1948. A monument was also built to welcome people to the (past) capital city of the Philippines.
3. Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife – This place is commonly referred to as “Wildlife” and it’s located just near the Quezon Memorial City and it has a zoological and botanical garden. This a good place to visit especially with your family. This park also has a with a man-made lagoon for boating activities .
4. La Mesa Eco Park – It is a beautiful 5 hectare park just on the outskirts of the city. A must see for people who’d like to get away from the chaos of the bustling city and just relax.
5. Santo Domingo Church – Santo Domingo church is a 400 year-old church that is home to the statue of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary. A good place to visit to enjoy some old architecture or just send a prayer for a safe trip.
6. Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish Church – It is a nice and quiet church near that is located in Brgy. West Triangle.
7. San Pedro Bautista – The church is one of the oldest churches in the city and even in the entire Philippines. Some say that the church houses the bones of San Pedro (St. Peter), the patron saint and there is also a catacomb in the basement of the church.
8. Museo ng Buhay Pilipino – The museum is a good places to visit if you want to learn a lot more about the Filipino culture. It also exhibits local furnishings and other stuff that were used by Filipinos in the past.
9. Tandang Sora Birth Site – The place was where the house of Melchora Aquino once stood. She is popularly known as “Tandang Sora” and she was officially adopted “Heroine of Quezon City”. A good place to visit to learn more about her.
10. Tomas Morato and Timog Avenue Tourist Belt Area – If you want to enjoy more modern stuff you should visit this place, There are a lot of restaurants, bars, clubs, and other retail and entertainment establishments. This is a great place to hang out with your friend while enjoying sumptuous food and live music.
This is just our list of ten places to visit in Quezon City, spend a few more days and discover more interesting places to see.
Have you been to Quezon City? Feel free to share your tips and recommendations?