Located in the province of Cavite, Tagaytay is one of the most popular places to visit in the Philippines. The place is very popular to both tourists and locals all around the country because Tagaytay has a cool climate and clean air making it a summer destination and you can also see in the famous Taal Volcano. There are a lots of places to see and things to do in the city like sightseeing, outdoor sports, or sample some of the cuisines of the country and don’t forget volcano trekking. Tagaytay is only 56 kilometre south of Manila so you can visit Manila first before heading to Tagaytay.
1. Taal Volcano – The volcano is the most recognizable icon of Tagaytay, The volcano is also accessible to tourists via boat ride from the lake to the volcano. Some of the boatmen charges P1500 to take you to the island and back, and once there you can trek the volcano or go on horseback to the summit and from there you can enjoy the beautiful view of the blue lake or have a picnic on the island.
2. Paradizoo – A fun place to take the family or just hanging out with friends, the zoo is a theme zoo park that was patterned after Subic’s Zoobic. The zoo consists of gardens, animals that roam free and others behind fences this place is a wonderland for nature lovers and kids alike. The place offers fish spas, ride ponies and a whole lot more.
3. The Flower Farm – A five-hectare flower farm that is located in Barangay Guinhawa. The farm has tons of varieties of flowers ranging from roses to carnations and many more. The feeling of being covered with flowers is just very soothing and relaxing and it makes you feel like you’re in a typical romance movie.
4. Palace in the Sky – Originally was designed as a guesthouse for the late president Ferdinand Marcos, the building was never finished and that makes it more popular for tourists. Now it is open as a vantage area for viewing the famous Taal Volcano, the place has a beautiful view of the Taal Volcano to the south and the Laguna de Bay to the east.
5. St Anne’s Shrine – A small garden grotto where the image of the Virgin Mary stands, surrounded by beautiful flower gardens and shrubbery. The shrine is located at Barangay Sungay, A great place to ease your mind of all the hassle and chaos of everyday life and just enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the shrine.\
These are just some of the few places to check if you ever happen to wander in the city of Tagaytay.
Have you been to Tagaytay? Feel free to share your tips and recommendations.
Photo Credits: by Philippine Travel Forum