Camarines Sur or also called CamSur is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines. There are lots of thing to do and see in this place that makes it popular to both the local and foreign tourists alike. CamSur is a province in the Bicol peninsula in Luzon and the quickest way to get there is to fly from Manila to Naga. Alternatively, you could also take an overnight bus from Manila.
There are many tourist destinations and activities in CamSur and here is our list of Top Ten Places to Visit in Camarines Sur.
1. Camsur Water Sports Complex –This would probably be one of the biggest reasons why Camsur became a very popular destination in the Philippines. The park is located in the Provincial Capitol Complex of Cadlan, Camarines Sur and Pili. This is design for wakeboarding and water skiing. If you enjoy this kind of water sports then this is the first place you should visit in Camsur. They also have a BMX trail, motor cross and skateboards.
2. Our Lady of Peñafrancia Church – The church was built in 1711 by the orders of Rev. Miguel Covarrubias and the second church was built by Bishop Isidro de Arevalo in 1750. It also houses the image of Our Lady Peñafrancia. This is a nice place to visit to pray and admire the architecture of the church.
3. Kalupnitan Cave – The caves are one of the natural beauties in Bicol. They contain natural carved pillars and stalactite formations that are very magnificent in its interiors and millions of bats.
4. Adiangao Cave – This cave is located in Barangay Adiangao, has a 300-meter canopy that are stretching onto the mountains of Calinigan. It contains stalactite, stalagmites, dripstones and enormous columns and huge pillars to the ceiling.
5. Cathedral of Naga – Also known as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint John built in 1843 by the Franciscans and is the biggest church in Bicolandia. The cathedral has so much history in it that makes it a must visit place.
6. Mt Isarog National Park – There are lots of waterfalls here in the park and one of them is the Malabsay Waterfalls. It’s a spectacular waterfall with crystal clear waters and this is a perfect place to enjoy the beauty of nature. Trekking is also a popular activity since the Malabsay Falls is also near the Nabontolan Spring and the National Park.
7. Consocep Mountain Resort – The resort is located on the shoulders of Mt. Isarog at around 1,800 feet above the sea level. The water is clean and very clear and it’s a great place to relax and enjoy the cool mountain air. Bulalacao and Tuaguiti are the two big waterfalls and a smaller one is called Kawa-Kawa. You will definitely enjoy the picturesque view and the tranquillity of this place.
8. Sabang Beach – The beach is located in the coastal barangay of San Jose. A lot of tourists make this place as an optional stopover to Caramoan Peninsula. During the last week of April, Sabang hosts the yearly Malasagui Festival which consists of fishing competitions like catching the fastest or biggest fish on that day.
9. Bombon Parish – The old church was constructed by Fray dela Torre and was completed by Rev.Fr. Jose Ribaya. This parish is known for its leaning bell tower which is said to be like the leaning tower of Pisa.
10. Caramoan – This would probably the most beautiful place in CamSur. Caramoan offers picturesque landscape and seascape and numerous islands and islets are also just a boat ride away. Caramoan became popular because of numerous Survivor shows that were filmed here.
Have you been to Camarines Sur? Feel free to share your tips and recommendations.